Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Houten Part III

Spent the day in record heat (or close to it) today.  The factor that makes it excruciating for me is the nasty humidity!  Oh well, I lived.  Right now we have some fairly ominous thunderstorms rolling through.  Definitely love those!  Well, as long as they don't take out the power.

Continued work on Houten yesterday and was going to do more last night and post pictures, but, I cleverly set the pipe on my toolbox at the MX shop and went to clock out.  Guess what happened next?  Yep.  Walked right out, forgetting the pipe setting proudly on my toolbox!  Oh well, gave me more time to work on restoration projects and ebay pipes I need to get done.

Arrived at work this morning and my pipe was waiting attentively for me.  Okay, well, it was setting right where I left it the evening before.  I didn't get too much time to shape it today, but did accomplish some valuable work.  I am finally gaining on the bowl and stem shape I imagined for the pipe.  The shank will vary slightly from my original drawing, but I believe it will be an improvement.  I am still working on my stem shape, as I am not happy with any rendering yet.  It will come to me.

Oh! One really fantastic thing happened at work today!  I received my Mario Grandi from Italy!  Nice looking poker I had won on ebay from Futurepipes1.  Will be giving it a good run in the next few days :)

For right now, I am working on pipe restorations for a couple guys and my ebay pipes for this weekend.  Smoking Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake in my first pipe, Czeque.

No comments: