Sunday, July 06, 2008

Yes Chef!

A friend of mine, Joel, and I have been enjoying the great television programming on Monday and Tuesday nights.  'American Gladiators', 'Wipeout', and 'I Survived A Japanese Gameshow' to name a few.  But, being 'foodies', we are drawn most to the reality cooking show 'Hell's Kitchen' hosted by Gordon Ramsay.  It has been one of Joel's interests to cook Chef Ramsay's cookbook in its entirety.  So I decided to help him in his first venture.  I may have promise as a 'sous chef'!   

 
 I sat in Joel and Heather's apartment Saturday night having enjoyed three great dishes we made from Chef Ramsay's cookbook.  We were able to replicate his Risotto with Wild Mushrooms and Baby Squash (we used Acorn Squash) Stuffed with Mushrooms and Artichokes.  Both main dishes turned out wonderfully!  I'm not a big fan of mushrooms per se, but I loved both items. The acorn squash was cooked perfectly, and the butter sauce that topped the medley was excellent!  The risotto was a welcome companion to the squash.  The flavors complemented each other extremely well.
  After the dinner we made Chocolate Fondants, and watched the movie Drillbit Taylor.  The fondants were quite rich and the movie was a hit.  At the end of the night, bellies were full and compliments were paid to the chefs.  Overall, a great evening.  Food is a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

Becki said...

Okay, so I've seen that show (and his other show too). Here's an idea for a fun game - count how many bleeps are in an episode! Gadzooks!